Multiple locations available, please contact Human Resources for more information.
- Collection of urine specimens (DOT and –
- Completion of requisitions – manually or PTD
- Shipping specimens
- Inventory monitoring and ordering
- Collecting, monitoring lab reports
- Establish good working relationship with clients
- Keeping records
(patient log book, lab results, inventory)
- Contacts Customer
Service to resolve discrepancies and to report specimen quality issues.
- Report directly to
the District Business Manager or Account Manager in some circumstances
- Reads and complies
with all appropriate safety and security policies/procedures, to include the
proper use of PPE and appropriate dress for the job.
- Reads and complies
with all appropriate personnel policies and procedures.
- Accepts and
performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Complies with
HIPPA regulations to safeguard confidentiality of patient information. Ensures donor information is shared only with
those with a need to know.
confidentiality of company information.
- Adjusts work
schedule to fit the needs of the organization.
- Represents the
Laboratory in a professional manner
- Travels to requested locations in a timely
- High school diploma or equivalent and possess the
reading, writing, and math skills expected of high school graduate.
- Certification in phlebotomy preferred
- Current DOT certification for collection or must complete
within first 30 days of employment.
- Experience in observed collection preferred
- Must learn new skills quickly and retain information.
- Prefer some experience in a similar or equivalent work
- Some medical terminology knowledge.
- Working knowledge in use of a PC and Microsoft Office
software (Word and Excel).
- Adequate typing speed – able to do basic typing without
looking at keyboard.
- Must be able to sit or stand for up to two hours
without a break or change in position. Some
walking or equivalent mobility required.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Possess adequate visual acuity to read requisitions
& other documents, printed labels, and a computer screen.
- Ability to take direction and work as a team towards a
common goal with other employees.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain
- Excellent communication and interactive skills,
especially when dealing with the Customer Service Department.
- Ability to identify and appropriately resolve problems. Uses good judgment.
- Must be dependable and conduct oneself in a mature,
responsible manner. Possess a strong
- Willing to have flexibility, be on-call and willingness
- Must maintain a current driver’s license and
insurance as mandated by the company.